Vision & Goals
The Collingwood Summer Music Festival’s (CSMF) vision is to make accessible the highest calibre of internationally-renowned artists presenting in the fields of classical, jazz and world music to a wide variety of audiences, from a period beginning in mid-July to mid-August each summer.
The Collingwood Summer Music Festival expands the musical offerings in Collingwood while enhancing the quality of its cultural life; residents and tourists do not need to travel to Parry Sound or Toronto to enjoy top-level classical or jazz music experiences. Research has shown the social, physical and cognitive benefits of hosting a music festival in its community, enhancing people’s moods and nurturing a sense of belonging.
1. Music performances to be remembered for a lifetime.
2. Concerts of the highest calibre accessible to a wide variety of audiences.
3. Quality return on investment for corporate sponsors, media partners and regional stake holders: quantitative reports, complimentary tickets and VIP admission to gala events.
4. Music education seminars and workshops to enhance the engagement of the public and students with the arts.
5. Digital multimedia elements to enhance the performance experience.
6. Fun, family-friendly concerts and pre-season outreach concerts for public schools in the Simcoe County area to support youth.
7. Emerging artists series within the Festival and a workshop module to connect developing, young artists with internationally-renowned music teachers.
The Collingwood Music Festival is inviting you to attend its musical events including anyone who may have grown up in musical households, enjoys live music events, or simply maintains a curious stance towards the performing arts. We strongly encourage the participation of youth (18 and under), by offering several FREE outdoor events targeted toward families with children. We are also committed to supporting “Rising Artists”, such as the Rolston String Quartet, on our stages.
Collingwood Summer Music Festival
4-115 First St., Suite 437
Office: (705) 300-2405
WE'RE SOCIAL FOLLOW US